Terms & Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the Scott MTB Marathon Series organised and operated by Cycle-Tec Events Ltd. By registering online YOU AGREE to the Terms and Conditions of Entry and Rules of the Event below. If you are registering for a colleague, YOU are confirming that YOUR COLLEAGUE has AGREED to the same.
1. The participant accepts that the Scott MTB Marathon events are not races, but a personal challenge. The participant does not have priority over either road or off road users and will ride sensibly and legally at all times with consideration to other riders and all other users of the route. The participant acknowledges that the route(s) are widely used by walkers, horse riders and families with small children and dogs.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event village and during the ride itself. Cycle-Tec Events Ltd does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
3. Each participant, upon signing on, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
4. All participants under the age of 18 shall have had a consent form (during signing on) completed by their parent/guardian and riders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the entire ride.
5. The Participant agrees to receive Pre Event and promotional communications from Scott MTB Marathon series and Cycle-Tec Events Ltd. Promotional emails can be unsubscribed from with ease.
All riders MUST sign-on at the event HQ at least 30 minutes before the event start time and the number board allocated should be fixed to the bike and visible at all times.
6. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
7. It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest CE standards EN1078 standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance, will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry. Cycle-Tec Events Ltd reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
8. The Participant confirms that they understand and accept that they are responsible for the roadworthiness and safe working order of their own cycle, that the use of triathlon handlebars or similar is prohibited, that lights (front & rear with adequate battery life) must be used during hours of dusk/darkness and that no accompanying vehicles are allowed to follow riders.
9. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. Absence of these signs does not signal that there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
10. Any marked route is shown for guidance only and Cycle-Tec Events Ltd does not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore, if the participant chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. If they choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections they decide are beyond their capabilities, they do so entirely at their own risk.
11. Much of the route runs through private land with the landowner’s permission: it is therefore vital that participants do not try to ride the route at any other time.
12. The participant understands and accepts that where the event takes place on the open road they must abide by the Highway Code at all times and when riding on a public highway that the function of marshals is only to indicate direction and that they must decide whether the movement is safe.
13. Cycle-Tec Events Ltd reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened.
14. Riders must be considerate to other users of bridleways, tracks and byways when riding off road. Upon seeing other users, such as horse riders and walkers, riders are required to slow down and pass with care. Where appropriate, riders should stop and wait at the side of the route for other users such as horse riders to pass safely.
15. Participants understand and accept that whilst all reasonable effort has been made by Cycle-Tec Events Ltd to make the events safe and enjoyable, Cycle-Tec Events Ltd does NOT accept liability for any accident, damage, theft, injury or illness to entrants, spectators, or any other person, vehicle or property whatsoever. Participants agree that NO liability whatsoever shall attach to Cycle-Tec Events Ltd, promoting organisations, members of the promoting organisations, landowners, event officials, volunteers, or event sponsors in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by the participant in or by reason of the event HOWEVER CAUSED.
16. By entering the event location you agree to be filmed/photographed and to the use of your image in any footage used by Cycle-Tec Events Ltd or any official Scott MTB Marathon series sponsors for their own publicity in any media worldwide.
17. All riders must report to the finish, even if they retire. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
18. Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
19. Cycle-Tec Events Ltd reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions. In such an event, each participant’s entry with be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. If a Participant cannot make this event, they can carry their entry to another event organised by Cycle -tec Events Ltd of an equal or lower ticket value within the following 6 month period. No refunds will be issued.
20. Cycle-Tec Events Ltd welcome responsible e-bike riding at our events. Any e-bike used on a MTB-Marathon must comply with the governments EAPAC Requirements and be ridden with due consideration to other users at all times. E-bikes which don’t comply with the governments EAPAC requirements are not permitted to be used at any time.
1. Pets are welcome on site but you are responsible for the behaviour of your animals. Please ensure that your animals are not allowed loose on site and are kept on a lead no longer than 2 metres. In the interest of hygiene, dogs must be exercised away from the site and cleaned up after.
2. If it is deemed a pet is creating a nuisance or causing disturbance to others, you will be asked to remove them from site. Please note we do not allow on site any breed of dog listed under the Dangerous Dogs act 1991.
3. Barbeques must be purpose built and portable, standing clear of the ground. There must be no possibility of damage to the ground. Only gas or charcoal barbeques should be used.
4. Campfires are not permitted on our campsites.
5. It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to ensure children are supervised at all times, whilst on site.
6. Please try to help us keep the site clean and tidy using the waste facilities provided.
7. Vehicle drivers, motorcyclists and cyclists are required to adhere to the site's 5 mph speed limit and follow any one way system in place.
8. Drivers of vehicles, including motorcycles, must hold a full and current driving licence (and valid displayed road fund licence) in order to drive on event sites
9. For your safety, we have a "six metre rule" which means that units (excluding guy ropes) must be 6 metres apart from adjacent units in order to protect against fire. You may park your vehicle(s) between units, provided that 3m clear space is left within the 6m gap.
10. You are recommended to have a fire bucket full of water outside your unit, as there will be no fire-fighting equipment supplied on the campsites.